About Web streaming gateway WSG-100
Barco’s Web Streaming Gateway (WSG) solution is a remote networking addition to Barco’s TransForm N and CMS control room and collaboration products. WSG enables the control room operator (using Barco CMS as the main control room management tool) to select available video sources, group multiple sources into source compositions (called ‘perspectives’), and push these to particular destinations (or ‘streaming channels’).
The remote end user can use the web browser of his personal mobile device to connect to the Barco Web Streaming Gateway. He can then authenticate himself and receive a list of available streaming channels. Upon selection, the appropriate channel is streamed to the mobile device using HLS web streaming technology.
- Sharing information from central headquarters to multiple remote command positions
- Feeding information to distributed meeting rooms and crisis rooms
- Emergency information sharing across echelons and with external partners or agencies
- Providing situational information to personnel in the field
- Consulting remote experts for advice
- Sharing ‘dashboard’ information with managers using mobile devices
The Web Streaming Gateway is offered as an all-in-one package that can be simply attached to any new or existing TransForm N / CMS system.
The base package consists of the following:
- Media processing node (NGP-200), behaving as a TransForm N output node, capable of generating a multi-sources signal by compositing multiple individual sources
- High performance H.264 encoder (NGS-D220) for high resolution encoding of the stream
- Web Streaming Gateway server (WSG-100), providing the end user with authentication and stream channels selection html pages and supporting the HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) format for efficient web streaming and end user device compatibility
- Built-in stream recorder, continuously recording streamed channels for instant rewind and review by remote users
Optionally, additional output nodes and encoders can be added to offer large numbers of simultaneous streaming channels.