About iQ G500
This product is available for the Chinese market only.
Barco’s iQ G500 with its advanced picture-in-picture feature is the first projector that can display up to four scaleable images at the same time on a single screen. Its built-in switcher makes seamless source switching a snap, and you get many special transition effects to choose from. Barco’s innovative dual-lamp system guarantees optimal reliability: the light will never go out during your presentation. This versatile LCD projector with XGA resolution delivers an amazing brightness level of 5,000 ANSI lumens. The iQ Series is the smartest choice for compelling presentations in any venue, from brightly lit boardrooms to larger conference centers.
- Make sure your audience gets the whole picture, the big picture, and the picture-in-picture.
How about showing up to two data and one video image simultaneously on one screen, only using one projector? The iQ G500 does the job for you!
This unique feature will enable presenters to make their presentations more powerful. Alongside a presentation, other images can be shown like news broadcasts, an ad campaign, product drawings, a DVD source… Presenters will be able to bring over the message more effectively by displaying multiple information sources simultaneously.
- Use your iQ projector for videoconferencing.
Simply connect a standard codec and video camera to the projector and your meeting room becomes a videoconferencing space. The iQ G500 displays the local audience, the remote audience and the shared presentation (when using one of the optional input boards)
- Position and size your sources on screen
As you add sources with your remote control, you can resize and move the source windows on the screen to create the layout that suits your application. Save and load your preferred settings and screen arrangement, allowing you to recall it instantly.
- Digital Zoom
The iQ G500 projector allows you to digitally zoom inside a window and scroll for the details you want to emphasize.
All actions take place without freezing the image, thanks to iQ’s real-time image processing capability.
- Seamless switching. Switch sources on-the-fly without distracting on-screen warning messages or irritating waiting intervals. Switch to another source, faster than you can switch TV channels, thanks to extreme powerful image processing.
- Switch sources using special transition effects. Use special effects like fade-in/out, box-in/out or vertical curtain to change sources
- Standard light shutter. The light shutter button on the remote control, enables you to hold back the light of the projector.
- Make sure your logo is always there! You can pre-program your company logo or some other appropriate image to appear on the screen. This way the screen never goes black during intermissions or long discussions. With one click on the remote control, you can switch from the display source to a full-color rendition of your logo or to another image you have chosen
Choose the brightness you need
Depending on your application or the projector environment, your iQ G500 projector can be set to operate at its highest brightness or at a reduced brightness, but with improved TCO. During the first 100 lamp runtime hours, you can choose between the following operation modes:
- Full Power mode: The iQ G500 will be operating at 5,000 ANSI lumens (in dual lamp mode) with a 1,500 hrs lamp system lifetime.
- Economy mode: The iQ G500 wil be operating at 3,500 ANSI lumens (in dual lamp mode) with a 3,000 hrs lamp system lifetime.
Innovative dual-lamp design for ultimate reliability
All iQ Series projectors come with an advanced dual-lamp system, providing guaranteed uninterrupted presentations.
- Dual-lamp mode: If one lamp fails for any reason, the other lamp will keep on running.
- Single-lamp mode: For applications where less light output is required, switch to single-lamp mode and double the lamp system lifetime (6,000 hours in Economy Mode). If one lamp fails, the innovative auto-sensing feature instantly switches to the other lamp. You can continue your presentation without going into standby mode. Furthermore, the iQ projector lamps alternate intelligently, in order to reach end-of-life simultaneously. This way you can replace both lamps at the same moment, saving maintenance time.
High brightness and superior image quality
- The UHP Lamp, with its blue-weighted color point, makes this projector the ideal projector for data presentations.
- Razor sharp in every corner
State-of-the-art optics ensures unsurpassed clarity in every portion of the projected image. There is no decrease in sharpness in the corners.
- The iQ G500 combines high-quality 1.4” poly-silicon LCD technology, and Barco’s renowned image processing expertise. The result is an unsurpassed color reproduction and truly impressive images.
A brightness level of 5000 ANSI lumens is the right brightness level for any professional presentation application: from small boardrooms, over training facilities, to larger conference rooms.
- With Barco’s precision optical elements, you can achieve a high contrast-level of more than 800:1.
The iQ G500 has a native XGA resolution (1024x768 pixels).
- Sharp, vibrant images
Barco’s patented True Color Reproduction (TCRPlus) software enhances the quality of conventional video sources. The result is vibrant images with remarkable color depth, sharpness and clarity
- Optimal character readability
Barco’s pixel map processing technology adds even more versatility and compatibility. The iQ G500 optimizes the resolution of the incoming source automatically to map the resolution of the LCD panels. You get crisp images with smooth and exceptionally readable characters.
- Barco’s intuitive user interface guides you easily through all features.
- Optional Ceiling Mount for fixed installations
This ceiling mount system makes installation and maintenance easy as the platform is horizontally and vertically adjustable.
- The iQ G500 is designed for maximum ease-of-use. Each projector automatically identifies the input source signal and optimizes all display settings accordingly. An optimal image quality is guaranteed, with no manual adjustments necessary.
- Ready for any setting, thanks to a wide range of lenses.
A range of high-definition lenses gives you the flexibility to optimize performance for any setting. Your meeting space is likely to change over the years, and you may find that you use the iQ G500 in a wide variety of meeting rooms. Use short-throw lenses for rear projection, and long-throw lenses for front projection in seminars and larger conference rooms
- Extreme vertical lens shift capabilities
Centering the picture on the screen in fixed ceiling applications, is a snap. The motorized zoom-lenses can vertically shift 120% up and 30% down.
- Lamp replacement is as easy as "click & plug"
As the two lamps reach end-of-life simultaneously, you can replace both lamps at the same moment, saving maintenance time.
Lamps are located at the back of the projector and accessible by removing a cap without any special tools.
Replace lamps in a few seconds: just “click” the lamp into the projector and you are ready to play. Very efficient and easy.
- Digital keystone correction
The trapezoidal keystone distortion of the image is electronically corrected when it is projected upward or downward onto the screen.
- The iQ G500 is ready to connect future digital peripherals thanks to DVI and (optional) SDI.
- Should you need a new connection, it is a simple matter of adding the appropriate input boards. Likewise audio and video boards can be added to enable extended video-conferencing applications.
- An RS232 connection is available for easy software uploads and for communication with third party control panels or PC’s.
- DVI (Digital Visual Interface) is the new open industry specification for digital connectivity. It replaces today's multiple standards for data connections. The digital signal from a computer is transmitted directly to LCD panels with minimal degradation or interference
- The iQ G500 can be equipped with an optional SDI (Serial Digital Interface), which allows easy connection with the latest generation of digital video.
- The array of input connections of the iQ G500 is enough to impress the most sophisticated electronics user. From analog data to digital video and from the latest HDTV sources to all of today’s popular RGB computer formats.
- Unique video application possibilities.
Connect up to seven composite video sources or up to three S-Video sources.
An intelligent video switcher is included to provide easy management of the various connections. There is no need to go to the expense of external switchers.
- No cable mess! A state-of-the-art meeting area doesn't have to look like an electricians worst nightmare. A cable basket on the front of the projector conceals all of the input cables, creating a clean line and contemporary design.