Barco Certified Specialist - Event Master (Level 1B) - USA Only
This training covers advanced setup and operation of the Event Master series of image processors
This course is only offered in the United States.
Topics covered include:
- Event Master Family overview
- Digital Video Terminology
- Advanced theory of Event Master System Resources
- E2 and S3-4K setup and operation
- Linking to Ex for I/O expansion
- Widescreen, Multi-Screen and common LED Wall applications
- Event Master Toolset
- Connecting to the EC-50 controller
- Programming exercises
- Practical and Written Exams (passing grade required to earn certification)
Participants must provide their own laptop computer with the following minimum specifications:
- Intel Core i5 or greater with at least 4GB of System RAM
- Built-in Display with native resolution 1920x1080 or higher
- Windows 7, Windows 10, or Mac w/OS X (High Sierra or greater)1
- Built-in RJ-45 Ethernet port (USB to RJ-45 Dongle must be supplied by attendee if not built-in)2
- A full-sized wired or wireless mouse is suggested.
1A Mac GUI is supported, but may not be available in the software version taught during the course.
2Understanding of basic computer networking and ability to configure the settings on your computer is a must.
- Knowledge of Video Signals including various formats as well as HDCP and EDID
- Familiarity with Image Processing
- Experience with Single and Multi-screen Presentation Switching.3
- Basic computer operation and networking experience.
Successful completion of the “Barco Certified Operator – Event Master” training course is recommended, yet is optional.
On the first day of class, students will be required to successfully pass a hands-on practical examination before being allowed to continue on in the course. Should the student fail this exam, s/he will then have the option to continue taking the course at the risk of not passing the final examinations if the material is not understood, or they may re-schedule to take the course at a later date for no additional charge. If the student desires they may enroll for the Certified Operator course to get up to speed (additional costs apply) before re-scheduling to take the Certified Specialist course.
Video technical professionals, technical directors, pre-sales engineers or anyone who will have to operate and understand the system in order to specify it as well as set it up and operate it during live events.
Students will engage in classroom theory and hands-on activities in order to further enhance their understanding of the product line. They will gain the required skills to successfully set up and operate the system for use in many live event environments.
$1,000 This course only / $1,650 Bundle with “Barco Certified Specialist – Event Master” course and save $350 versus paying for both courses separately. This Certified Specialist course may not be scheduled less than 6 weeks after completing the Certified Operator course. After signing up you will receive a payment request email within 48 hours. *Verified US Local Union Members receive a 20% discount, reflected on the payment request email.
Barco Certified Specialist (valid for 2 years from date of issuance)
|Tuesday, September 24, 2019
||TR Evolve Media Group - Las Vegas, Nevada
|Wednesday, November 6, 2019
||TR Evolve Media Group - Orlando, Florida
|Tuesday, November 12, 2019
||TR RC1 Sacramento, California
|Thursday, November 14, 2019
||TR Alford Media Services - Coppell, Texas